On a positive note...

Sometimes it's hard to see the positive aspects of life, but I'm trying.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Blogging

For what it's worth, I think I'm really starting to get this blogging thing. For me its become a release of sorts. A safe place to vent when something is bothering me or sending expressions of my happiness out into a broader world. And it's not just the writing of ones own blog but reading about others lives and thoughts can become almost addictive.

Take my friend Susan for instance. I've never met her in person and before reading her blog only knew her from a few online groups we both belonged too. I've always liked her and after reading her bloggings I know why I like her so much. She's funny, creative, intelligent, strong, and caring. Just the type of person I like for a friend. Since we live so far apart, I'm grateful for the opportunity to get to know her better through blogging.

Then there is my Bonnie. What can I say about this amazing woman? Her courage and honesty are awe inspiring to me. She is so open and sharing of her joys and her pain. I don't think she realizes just how incredibly wonderful she is and how much her truthfulness helps those of us privilaged to be a part of her world through her blogs. And besides she's just the best damn writer I know. She is truly a Rockstar!

Amy's bloggings have a unique appeal. What a girl! She speaks her mind on anything and she does it with frankness and honesty. No bullshit here. I love keeping up with her life and am rooting for her to make it what she wants it to be and I believe she'll do it too.

When Debra blogs, and it's not as often as she should, you meet a loving, funny, generous soul. She's the real deal. I know this great gal personally and she should really write more because I know she has a lot to say and can say it very well when she wants to.

Oh, I can't leave out Rose either. One of the most interesting and intelligent people I know. This funny, quirky lady can write! What a joy to read about life from her POV.

Yes, I do read blogs written by guys too. Mostly guys who are actors like my son, David. I really enjoy the insight Hal, Bill, Stephon, and Erik give writing about their struggles as working actors in Hollywood. Oh yeah, and it's kind of interesting seeing life from a guys perspective.

I intend to keep blogging. It's getting easier everyday. I guess I do have something to say and I'm going to be saying it here. Stay tuned and hang on. It might get a bit bumpy at times.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Bonnie said…

    You're so awesome, Aleta. Thank you. {{hugs}}

     
  • At 2:25 AM, Blogger Hal said…

    Thanks for the pimping. :)

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Amy said…

    thanx for the pimping and compliments. I didn't know some of these peeps had blogs and now i must update my links in mine

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Xxaatm said…

    Awwww...you know, I was having a pretty shitty day..well, week, well, month, ANYWAY, I was cruising blogfriends blogs, and whala!
    this I find.
    Talk about brining a ray of sunshine, at a time when just about everybody is not liking me so much.
    Thanks girl.
    I needed the boost.

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Lipp said…

    Thanks Aleta, It's nice to read yours as well.

     
  • At 1:29 AM, Blogger Debra McCarthy said…

    Awww. I love you, Aleta!!! You're the awesomest!!! :) Teehee!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home