On a positive note...

Sometimes it's hard to see the positive aspects of life, but I'm trying.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

I'm a believer.

I've always tried to be realistic about David's chances of reaching his goal to become a recognized, award winning actor. Being his mom naturally makes me just a bit biased when it comes to his acting skills and I know I'm not as objective as the rest of the world might be when it comes to viewing his work.

Because I know I'm not very objective, I think I've become too obsessed with picking out the flaws in his work and not focusing enough on his amazing talent. Last night changed all of that for me. We got to view the first public screening of a full length FF he worked on last year, Trees Grow Tall and Then They Fall. It was cast by someone I've grown to love and admire, CD Bonnie Gillespie.

I was bowled over by David's presence on the big screen and I wasn't the only one. He got the biggest audience reaction of all the actors and believe me there were some amazing performances from that group of hugely talented people. Watching others fall in love with my son gave me one of those "Whew" moments when a parent realizes they've allowed their child to follow the right path.

No longer will I critique David's abilities. Let others do that if they must. From now on I'm rock solid in his corner and am certain, without a doubt, he will succeed in this business on a far greater scale then I ever imagined possible.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Bonnie said…

    Awesome, Aleta. You have every right to be proud (always) and I'm thrilled that the screening was the reality check you needed to believe that David WILL be that superstar!!! He's wonderful! You did good!

     
  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger Debra McCarthy said…

    Great screening. Great casting. GREAT performance by David. Be proud mama, be very very proud!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home