On a positive note...

Sometimes it's hard to see the positive aspects of life, but I'm trying.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

My day in court or how to waste six hours.

I served jury duty yesterday. Since it was only the 3rd of January and most people in the judicial system weren't back from the holidays, there was only one trial scheduled. After sitting around, reading Lovely Bones, from 8:15 AM to 2:15 PM the judge decided to dismiss the case and we were released from service.

As I sat there looking around at the jury pool, I started thinking about just what constitutes a jury of our peers and how many 50ish, middle class, white, female homemakers were there on trial? I guess it's true about older and wiser. We're either too smart to get into trouble or smart enough not to get caught.

Oh well, won't have to go through this for at least another 12 months.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:41 AM, Blogger Debra McCarthy said…

    You OBVIOUSLY aren't talking about your experiences as a jury member at Martha's trial. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home