On a positive note...

Sometimes it's hard to see the positive aspects of life, but I'm trying.

Friday, January 06, 2006

The price of fame.

My son, David, wants to be a famous actor someday. I'd prefer if he just wanted to be a working actor and forget the fame part. I'm not too sure fame or celebrity status is worth having considering the price you have to pay once you achieve it.

For some strange reason ordinary people seem to think they are entitled to comment on every aspect of your life when you become a celebrity. It's like they think they own a piece of you just because you do something well enough to gain enormous recognition and a huge salary for your success.

God forbid you should stumble and fall if you're a celebrity because it becomes a feeding frenzy in the media. Which is ofcourse egged on by the publics lurid desire to point fingers. I say if you haven't lived the life then you have no way of knowing what you would do or how you would feel in their shoes. And since when does the media tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

We all make mistakes and bad choices in our lives. I'm just happy I don't live in a fishbowl where other faulty people feel they have the right to pick my life apart to satisfy their own need to feel good about themselves.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Xxaatm said…

    You must be soooooo proud of him!

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Aleta said…

    I am proud of David. I guess I'm reacting to the PARF moms who think it's open season on Lindsay Lohan and her parents. I don't think they've been good parents but good heavens that doesn't require the world go into a feeding frenzy. Life's tough enough for a kid growing up without everyone taking pot shots when you stumble and fall.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home