On a positive note...

Sometimes it's hard to see the positive aspects of life, but I'm trying.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

So much talent...so little time.

One of the great things about David being part of the film world is that every now and again I get to see some amazing work done by up and coming filmmakers. Last night was no exception. DH and I had the opportunity to spend one of the most entertaining evenings in awhile viewing several short films at The Flickering Image Film Festival.

My DH is the glue that holds our family together, but he doesn't have the time to get as involved in the industry his son has chosen to become a part of as I do. He rarely gets to partake of the joy of viewing young filmmakers work other then his own sons. Even then he doesn't always get to see what David has done at the same time as the rest of us.

Last night was the first film fest Homer has ever attended. He wanted to know if these films would ever be available to the general public. To him, it seemed a shame for such great films to only reach a limited audience. I really enjoyed watching his enthusiasm for an industry our son loves so much. Up until last night I had never seen him quite so...involved. I hope it continues because I really enjoyed sharing something with him that David and I have been sharing for years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home