On a positive note...

Sometimes it's hard to see the positive aspects of life, but I'm trying.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Feelings

I'm pondering whether I should let someone I consider a dear friend know how much my feelings have been hurt. The thing is maybe this person doesn't share my feelings about our friendship or perhaps I've done something to offend them that I'm unaware of and thus the snub. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I usually close doors on my feelings trying to shut away the hurt and that leads to the end of the friendship. Too painful to continue in the long run. I hope that doesn't happen here because this is someone I sincerely care about but am not sure how they would take my honestly saying to them, "You hurt me" or worse, would they even care? I really hate the self doubt that comes from wondering if I've been reading this person wrong all along. Could I be THAT stupid? I guess anything is possible. Right now, I'm just flat out hurt.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger Debra McCarthy said…

    I'm very sorry you are hurting, Aleta. Remember that you are loved by many! Thank you so much for calling and checking on me today. It meant a lot. Sick as a dawg!!! Bleh! :P

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger ~d said…

    Well. good luck with your decision. I have called out one good friend ( and been called out by two different friends! ) all three situations had very different endings.
    They main thing to remember ( duh! ) is that you never really will know for certain how the other person is going to react, therefore it is hard to 'prepare' for what they MIGHT say.
    Good Luck.

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Blogger Xxaatm said…

    Hey Girl,
    you rock.
    Oh and,
    'eff em, let it rip, tell 'em whats on your mind, don't give this another day, get to it.
    A motto of mine I live by:
    Whats the worst thing that can happen?
    Measure by if it will kill you or not.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home