On a positive note...

Sometimes it's hard to see the positive aspects of life, but I'm trying.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Such a pretty day.

It's a bit cloudy outside but there appears to be a promise of sunshine later in the day. Now that I've given my forecast for the weather how about the one for the rest of my life. Or at least next week in my life. It's pretty much the same as the weather, cloudy but a promise of sunshine.

Today I'm cleaning and organizing my office space. Yes, I've put off doing taxes but I do have until Monday to accomplish that task and have targeted tomorrow evening as the time to complete this frightening chore. Tomorrow is also the day I will join Weight Watchers. I'm hoping they can do more then just help me watch my weight. I've been doing that quite well for years and it keeps going up. Somehow just watching the scale hasn't helped.

I've also decided to join Curves. That's a womens excercise program that doesn't cost much and offers you help in exercising three times a week. I do need someone or something to help keep me motivated because I tend to be a tad on the lazy side when it comes to exercise. I'm also having my nails and hair done next week. I want to look as good as possible since I'll be job hunting as well over the next few weeks.

My resume is just about complete. I'm trying to fill in the gaps for 20 years of not doing much other then being my sons mom. That was a lot but somehow I don't think enough to warrent particular attention in gaining employment. I hope that someone will find my successful years in retail, though ages ago, enough of a draw to take a chance I still have what it takes. I know I do, now all I have to do is convience an employer who will probably be half my age. I will find work even if it's starting at the bottom again.

The most important thing about working is that I will be doing something for me. I believe it will give me a greater sense of accomplishment and a feeling of being worth more then just someones mom. Don't get me wrong, being a mom has been awesome. I wouldn't trade that experience for anything in this world, but there does come a time when being a mom isn't all there is and it never should have been that in my life.

I've also got an appointment later next week to speak with a family therapist. I'm not sure if that will help but I would like someone not personally involved in my life to talk to and see if the expectaitons I have are reasonable and realistic. I do know that some of the people in my life, including myself, have to change. Things aren't working the way they are and I want them to work better for all of us, but mostly for me since that's the only person I have any real control over.

My goals are really simple I think. Work, lose weight, pay off debt, and save money to buy a house. Nothing out of the ordinary. Oh, I'd like to take a real vacation. One that involves going somewhere fun and interesting for a couple of weeks. Nothing on my mind but relaxing and enjoying where I am. I haven't been on one of those in years.

It feels good to have a plan once again in my life. I'm not sure why I ever stopped planning but now I'm back and feeling much happier. Yep, there is a definate chance of sunshine on it's way.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Amy said…

    sounds like a plan. My mom has done Weight Watchers a couple times. Let me know if you'd like her email address and she could help you if need any thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home