On a positive note...

Sometimes it's hard to see the positive aspects of life, but I'm trying.

Monday, April 10, 2006

This too shall pass.

Did you ever have one of those day, weeks, or months where nothing seemed to go right? Ofcourse you have, we ALL have. So far, for me, this year has been the pits. I just get to where things are kind of leveling out and BAM! the next piece of crap happens. I tell ya' it's getting to be kind of old and tiring.

The thing that is tiring is that I've spent so much time worrying about the crappy stuff and not enough time enjoying the good things, few though they may be, that I've almost forgotten how to laugh, to feel joy in my life. Well I'm here to tell you that to hell with all the bad stuff. I'm just not going to let it weigh me down any longer. There is so much that is totally out of my control that it's simply not worth my time or energy running around trying to fix everything. Most of the stuff that's happened I can't fix anyway because it's up to others to fix it for themselves.

This is not to say that I won't be there with loving support for my family and friends, but simply an adjustment in my attitude about me being the one who is responsible for fixing all that goes wrong. Like somehow it's my fault and because of that, my responsibility. The fact is most of this isn't my fault. I've always tried to do my best, never thinking to do harm. Maybe my best wasn't good enough in the long haul, but it was sincerely my best. I shouldn't feel guilty about that, ever, even when it simply wasn't enough it was still my personal best.

I think by accepting the fact that I simply can't fix everything nor should I even try in most cases, I might be able to let go of some of the anger and frustration that's been part of me all of these months. Though my feelings have been understandable it's not healthy to hang on to such garbage for very long. I'm going to take deep breathes and tell myself from now on, this too shall pass, perhaps like a kidney stone, but it WILL pass.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:35 AM, Blogger Debra McCarthy said…

    {{{HUGS}}}

    If you need anything, just call me. Or come over. Even if you just want to rant and rave and get it off your chest and out of your system. Or just drink a whole bottle of wine and say nothing. Whatever. You know my door is always open to you.

    Love you, Aleta.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home