On a positive note...

Sometimes it's hard to see the positive aspects of life, but I'm trying.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

A Mother's Day thought.

As I sit here listening to the sounds and sensing the smells of my Mother's Day breakfast being prepared by my darlings, I can't help but think of my mom and how much I miss her. I'd give almost anything to be able to prepare her breakfast for her one more time. She wasn't a perfect mom, but I know she did love me. I think she was proud of me and happy that I became a mom myself.

Being a mom has had it's high and low points. Somehow all the low points simply don't matter in the long haul. It's the high points and the just plain everyday times that one carries in their heart. David is my greatest gift from the universe. A treasure that I will cherish for as long as I live. I'm so thankful and blessed to be his Mom. Happy Mother's Day to all of my friends who are moms. May your bacon be crispy, your eggs perfect, and your toast unburnt today and always. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Bonnie said…

    And may *this* breakfast not lead to a trip to the you-know-where or a bust-in by the you-know-whom!

    Happy mother's day!!

     
  • At 2:10 AM, Blogger Debra McCarthy said…

    A Very Happy Mother's Day to you too, Aleta dear! Great spending part of the day relaxing by the pool and dinner out with you guys! And getting a call from our dear Amy, too!

    You certainly are one of the best!

    Love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home