On a positive note...

Sometimes it's hard to see the positive aspects of life, but I'm trying.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

I'm still here.

Welcome to my boring life. Yeah, that's what I said...boring. Actually I'm kind of enjoying boring. The last couple of weeks have been a series of really awful headaches coupled with nausea so I'm enjoying the respite over the last two days of having no pain without taking pain killers.

A friend of mine, Bonnie Gillespie, has a gluten allergy that gave her really bad migrains so I took a que from her and have laid off gluten filled products just in case and also cut sugar out since I'm type 2 diabetic. The headaches seem to be gone and I'm feeling more energy. I'm thinking it has more to do with the sugar in my diet then the gluten. Gluten filled products, like bread and pasta, also turn into sugar in your system so it won't hurt to cut some of those out anyway.

I did manage to go out last night with my DH and son. David works part-time at a theatre so he treated his dad and I to "Snakes on a Plane" and "Talladega Nights". Perks of a guy that works at a theatre, free movie tickets. I have to say the "Snakes on a Plane" movie wasn't my favorite of the two, but then the two major phobias I have are fear of heights and snakes. Put the snakes on a plane and I get to enjoy both together.

I literally thought my heart was going to burst forth from my chest a couple of times during that movie even though my logical mind kept saying it's only a movie and bad CGI effects at that. Still, phobias are hard to fight. Thank goodness we decided to see Talladega Nights last. I was able to laugh a little and calm down before going home. It's fairly funny in a slap stick sort of way and it didn't frighten the bejeezus out of me. Well, maybe Will Farrell running around in his tighty whities was a little scary. Hee-hee.

Why did I go see a movie about something that I knew I had a deep fear of? Well people are afraid of sharks too and "Jaws" did quite well didn't it? Ofcourse no one could get me into even a clear swimming pool for about two years after that one. LOL! Oh, did I mention I'm also claustrophobic. Yeah, I didn't like flying too much BEFORE the snakes. I can assure you the next time I HAVE to fly I'm going to be knocked out on some heavy duty drug of some sort. Ofcourse they'll have to drag me onto the plane first.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home